TALL FESCUE SOD
How would you like a lush lawn with
1/3 less watering!
Quit dreaming and start enjoying, because now you can have it. This wonderful new turf is called Plantation Turf-type Tall Fescue and it’s available only from Nebraska Sod.
What makes Plantation so unique?
- A very dark green color… the darkest fescue available on the market today. Nearly identical in deep, rich green color to the darkest Kentucky bluegrass.
- A fine leaf blade… nearly identical in appearance and texture to bluegrass.
- Drought-resistance… requires approximately 1/3 less water than bluegrass. Typically doesn’t require an irrigation system.
- Minimal fertilization… Plantation is bred to maintain its dark green color with 1/3 less fertilizer than bluegrass.
- Dwarf growth habit… slow-growing means less mowing.
- It’s thick… this sod is lush like a premium lawn should be.
- Minimal insect and disease problems… grubs don’t like it! Insect and disease treatments are virtually eliminated.
- Can be mowed low… as low as 1.5 to 2 inches.
- Has a high tolerance for foot traffic
- SRP... Self-Repair Potential
Don't be fooled by imitators.
Others may claim to sell Plantation (or "something similar") but we are the exclusive grower of this premium sod in Nebraska.
Our commitment to water and the environment
Water is perhaps our most precious natural resource. It's also one of a home owner's most expensive utilities during the summer months. Although we've been fortunate to experience minimal water shortages in Nebraska up to now, our carefree days are clearly numbered. Ask anyone who lives on the US coasts and they'll tell you that water is carefully rationed and monitored in these regions throughout the year. Many experts predict that water will soon become a valuable commodity everywhere, much like gasoline. Unfortunately, this is our future... and it's coming sooner than we may realize.
That's why Nebraska Sod is committed to water-conserving turf products. Plantation requires significantly less water and fertilization than a Kentucky bluegrass lawn. Additionally, pesticide treatments to kill grub worms are virtually eliminated. So not only does Plantation use less of a precious resource to grow, it also helps keep our remaining groundwater free of unnecessary, toxic chemicals. Plantation is the environmentally friendly way to establish a beautiful lawn.